Here is a straightforward way of placing a raw video file in YUV420 format into an AVI container.
- Download and Install AviSynth 2.5.8
- Download and Place the RawSource AviSynth Plug-in to AviSynth plugins directory.
- Download and Install VirtualModDub 188.8.131.52
- Now prepare a simple AviSynth script file called importYUV.avs with the following lines:
file_1 = rawsource("overbridge.yuv", 1920, 1088, "I420")
- Run VirtualModDub
- Open the importYUV.avs as Video File.
Now the first frame of video should appear on VirtualModDub window.
- Choose File->SaveAs to save the imported YUV file as AVI
- Choose 'Direct stream copy' as "Video mode".
- Press 'Save' Button.